Categories

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sad Days

“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.” 
 Eat, Pray, Love

August has been the month of Sadness for me. I have been putting so much effort to be happy and look on the bright side. It's been so so so hard. Most days i lie in bed with a million thoughts in my head and asking myself "how did it turn out like this?".

I can't seem to focus on work despite how hard i try to. I just keep wanting to go on a holiday, to take a break. Maybe i need to do what i watch on Eat Pray Love - take off on a round-the-world journey to "find myself".

On a side note, i am quite happy one of my favorite way to destress is to go for a jog. Such a healthy way to destress. This month i did quite a few 8km-10km jogs! However, i have also been eating A LOT....especially ice cream and CHOCOLATE. I've such a sweet tooth. Really. The unhealthy diet is taking its toll on my skin. All the alcohol ain't helping either. Thankfully, no weight gain at the moment because of my jogs. Yippee!! Looking at how much food i consume and not gaining weight is quite a miracle hehe. It's really weird how i LOVE TO EAT A LOT WHEN I'M SAD. On Normal Days, i already eat quite a lot as compared to most people but on Sad Days, I GO ABSOLUTELY CRAZY. It's like i eat and try to fill a void which is impossible to fill by eating but i still do it anyway.

"It doesn't hurt because if you keep hurting the same part of you again and again and again, the nerve endings all die. And when that happens, that part of you goes numb. That's why it doesn't hurt. Don't be proud of it."





Because i'm sad, iwrotethisforyou has been very relatable. Please let me know if you find the hard copy of the book (i can get it online but i prefer to get it from a local book store), i would be very happy!