Categories

Monday, April 14, 2014

Week #18



Baby Bump (actually this was taken in Week 17 but a few days doesn't matter right? haha)
22 more weeks to go. I think i look much bigger than i actually am because I'm wearing white! Hehe cheat one.

I've been craving a lot of sweet stuff this week. Donuts, macaroons, chocolates...you name it! And yes, I gave in. But but but I went to the gym 3 times this week. Yay me.


The amount I'm eating is scary so I better burn some calories. Not whining about the weight gain AGAIN but my doctor mentioned that I gained a little too much weight the past few weeks so I've to try to control that. As gaining too much weight isn't good for the baby and I. At this rate I'm going, I might gain 30-35kg at the end of my pregnancy lol! Sounds so impossible but it's not especially when you are pregnant with a humongous appetite. Not only will it be tough to shed the "baby weight" after pregnancy, there might be complications so i can't gain too much in a short period of time. Believe it or not, I've gained almost 7-8kg to date :O Haha. I blame my love for food and the "free pass" I gave myself during my pregnancy. Loving it so much and secretly enjoying this period though! Every night before I sleep I look forward to the next day's meal...it's like all I look forward to is to EAT! Hahaha. However, i need to cut down on all the junk food ASAP. All the sweet stuff ain't gonna do me any good. Plus it'll put me at risk for diabetes. SELF-CONTROL~~~ I can't wait to get everything settled and start staying home so i can cook at home. Right now I'm so busy with doing up the new place I hardly have time to whip up a good meal. Maybe in future ill post recipes? Wow wow I alr feel so motherly hahaha


When I was in Bangkok, the bell boy at the hotel asked me if I was pregnant! He has been seeing me since i was like 16...so i think the weight gain is pretty obvious haha. Anyway, that's a first and it made me...happy?! When I take the mrt/bus now, i can sit at the priority seat without getting stomped right? Haha. 

When i flew to Bangkok a few friends asked if one is actually allowed to take the plane during pregnancy.

I called my doctor and did my research and here's the information i found.

Is it safe to fly during pregnancy?

It is ok to fly up to 36 weeks of pregnancy if you are healthy and do not face any pregnancy complications.

If you're healthy and have no obstetric problems, you and your baby should have no trouble in the pressurized cabin of a commercial airliner. You don't need to worry about X-ray scanners at airport security – you're unlikely to exceed exposure limits unless you're a frequent flier or part of a flight crew.

During the flight, the best thing to do is make yourself as comfortable as you can. Request a seat in the middle of the plane over the wing for the smoothest ride or a bulkhead seat for more legroom. Reserve a seat on the aisle so you can get up easily to go to the bathroom or just walk around and stretch.

Pregnant women who sit still for long periods of time are at increased risk of developing blood clots, so walk around the cabin at least once an hour. You can also stretch and flex your feet and legs in your seat every 30 minutes. Wearing maternity support panty hose (not knee-highs) helps keep the blood moving in your legs and reduces your risk of clots and swollen feet.
When seated, keep your seatbelt fastened – under your belly and low on your hips – at all times. Also, drink plenty of fluids (especially water) to minimize the dehydrating effects of dry cabin air. Caffeine is a diuretic, so it's best to avoid drinking coffee, tea, and caffeinated soft drinks before and during the flight.