Categories

Friday, May 1, 2015

Beautify Me (April)





What is Beautify Me?

Beautify Me will be a post I'll share products and treatments that I have tried and tested which worked for me. It will be a post sharing my latest favourite skin care products, make up, hair products and maybe aesthetic procedures...well basically anything which has helped me "look better" and "feel better".

I'll recommend 5 of my favourite products of the month (again, that is if I have enough)! Don't worry, most products would be bought using my own money in this post because I'm still quite a shopaholic and always on the hunt for good things! Of course I might also put in products I've been sponsored before but since I already have an advertorial post on it, I'll try not to include it in this post unless I REEEEALLY do love it that much I can't help myself but to recommend it in Beautify Me again haha. Still, this is NOT A PAID POST. MAJORITY of the items are bought using my own money and i am not paid to add any of the brands in my Beautify Me posts.

I'm not sure if I'll do this Beauty Favourites Post monthly but I'll try to if I have enough products to recommend!

I will try to do Beautify Me posts on the 1st Day of a New Month!

Please bear with the low quality pictures...will improve on the photography once i get the lights from my other place! :)

Here we go! 

My 5 Favourite Beauty Products of the Month...




1. Dermaroller 0.5mm

Buy a 0.5mm needle one because that's one of the most gentle one and you can use it up to 3 times a week. No down time at all. 

I bought this hand held needle roller online as I didn't have time to go to my facial place to do the needle rolling (which i've been doing for quite some time and love it). Thought since I could do it from my own home, why not! Plus it's only $20! No harm trying right? Not sure if it's the same...maybe doing it at the facial place is a bit "stronger" because of the stuff used?

So basically u apply your favourite serum (it'll be good to invest in expensive ampoules on nights you want to use the needle roller), then roll it all over your face. Left-Right 4 times Up-Down 4 times Diagonal (do both directions) 4 times 

After rolling, your skin might turn a little bit red. Apply your moisturizer and a sheet mask (preferably cold) and pat the goodness into your skin. 

After using this at night, when I wake up the next morning. My skin feels like it really absorbed all the goodness very well! 

Pain Level: 3/10 (don't roll too hard or too many times because you will damage your skin) 

Where to get it?
I bought mine from Flowertrade on Qoo10 (link here).
Price: SGD$20 approx.






2) Sleek Blusher in Rose Gold

I bought this on Luxola. I have never heard of Sleek before this but I wanted to find a blush to replace my NARS Orgasm Blush. I saw the reviews that this was a very close color to that and decided to try it. Moreover, Sleek's one is a fraction of the price! I do love the color a lot and it's very pigmented which is what I look for in a blush. Just one sweep and the color is on.

Where to get it?
Price: SGD$15 approx.



3. Tangle Teezer / Magic Comb

I have used the Gold Tangle Teezer for quite a while now and only recently purchased another one (this one is half the price because it's chiong one haha but works as well) which has a handle. Both works super well de-tangling my very tangled hair. I just cut 5 inches of my hair a week ago and before I cut, my hair was in a pretty bad state (hmm i do a pretty good job blowdrying my hair and going for treatments but when i stop treatments it can be really bad). I refused to cut my long hair until I saw how much hair was breaking and dropping, leaving a scary amount of hair in my toilet every single day. It is a post-partum thing i believe. But well, it was also definitely pretty damaged from the years of bleaching and my hair is pretty porous so it gets tangled damn easily. The Tangle Teezer has saved me a lot of time de tangling my hair with a normal comb. I can't imagine life not having this brush anymore. A must have for girls with long hair! 

Where to get it?

Tangle Teezer
Price: SGD$20 approx

Pink With Handle aka The Chiong One
Price: SGD$7 approx






4. Two Faced Primed and Poreless Face Primer

I only started using Primers religiously not too long ago as I realised how important it is to help make up stay and look good for many hours! I'm not sure if it is bad for your skin but with thorough cleansing it should be fine i think. I've tried a few which I love but this month I'll recommend you guys this!

So after completing your morning skincare routine (wash, tone, serum, moisturize) I would apply this all over my face. Alone, this makes your face so smooth and helps minimize the look of large pores. This can also be used alone if you have very good skin and have nothing much to cover. It feels nice and silky on my skin. After primer is on, I apply my BB Cream and then set it with loose powder. The primer really helps the BB Cream last longer. In the past, after like 2 hours out without a primer, I'll see like random lines and crease on my face...then I'll pile more powder and it ends up looking worse - it'll look cakey and all. After using a primer, gone are the days I face those problems! I won't lie and say your make up is going to stay put and look good the WHOLE day (i have read that you will need a good setting spray but i've yet to purchase that, maybe i should and do a review on it if i find a good one), maybe 5-8 hours depending on your skin type and the weather. For me in Singapore's humid weather, i'd say it'll be good for say 6 hours then it will melt cus my skin tends to get oily easily and I perspire a lot (idk why...i would love to stop perspiring so easily...got help for that or not i wonder?).

Where to get it?

Sephora

Price: SGD$40 approx.






5. Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk Lipstick (PK005)

This pink lippie is my favourite of the month! I've always liked bold lipsticks but decided to go light this month as I have a new hair color. I love the color of this as it's sweet and really great for day time wear. It's creamy and easy to apply. The finishing has a nice slight shine. Sad to say, it's not very long lasting though.

I've just bought another light pink one and I love that a lot too but I'll leave it for the next Beautify Me post. Hehe. 

Where to get it?
EtudeHouse 

Price: SGD$11 approx.

---------------------------

I hope you girls enjoy my Beautify Me posts and it'll be helpful for yall! 

Feel free to share what products you love that I should try too. :) 

See you girls next month! 

Stay Beautiful x

"There Are No Ugly Women, Only Lazy Ones."

P.S i'll add a column for my Beautify Me posts at the side so it'll be easy to find (on your right) :)