Friday, September 13, 2013

Boyfriend Checklist

I thought it'll be pretty interesting to share the type of guy I like. Over the years, I've met a lot of different guys so by now, I've seen all kinda of guys and I am pretty sure I know the kind I like!

I  pretty different from most girls which means, the type of guys I fall for are the "not so sought after" guys. 

I like guys who are a lil bit shy. The more quiet type. Not too loud and outspoken. A bit mysterious. He has to be smart. Because I've been through a lot in life, I think I know quite a lot. I may not be smart academically but i think im pretty smart in many other areas. My boyfriend has to be pretty knowledgeable because I don't want to feel "smarter than him". He has to hold a stable job and have to be hardworking. Not the type who takes MC and leaves all the time. I can't date boys with no job aka Bummers. Id not be able to see a future with him. Even if he looks like TOP or Daniel Henney, I still cannot overlook the fact he is lazy.  

I like funny and witty boys....but not so much of the joker of the group kind. You know those guys who aren't afraid of making a fool outta themselves and let their friends laugh at them? Nope not that type. He only has to be funny enough to make me laugh and not the world. He has to act cute with me. We have to do a lot of stupid stuff together....sing the stupid songs I put together all the time....do stupid actions and dances....lol. But on the outside, he has to maintain, act like he won't do such stuff. I do like boys who keep it cool. Haha.

He has to speak good English and articulate his words well. My step dad is "ang mo" so in order for him to be able to hold a conversation with him, my bf has to be able to speak well. You know some people have a change of accent when they speak to "ang mo"s and they sound like they are trying very hard? I hate that, if my bf changes his accent like that, id be quite turn off. Really. 

My boyfriend MUST LOVE FOOD. He must enjoy exploring interesting restaurants in Singapore and must be willing to drive from the East to the West of Singapore in search of good food. He must be able to eat as much as me BUT he cannot be FAT. Which is quite difficult because I really eat a lot everyday sooooo it means he must exercise quite a bit too. Best if he enjoys jogging so we can do evening jogs together. 

He doesn't have to be good-looking or have a super good body. But but but he can't be fat. He has to have nice skin. I do like fair-medium skin boy rather than tanned. Also, he has to have a nice visible jawline. That's bout it? Haha. Well I say this (looks dont really matter to me) now because I've seen so many good looking boys who are so messed up and it's really REALLY difficult to find one who meets my criteria. If there's really that one guy who is good looking and fits my criteria, good for me! Also, you must know, good looking guys always have a lot of girls going crazy over them! I don't think I can handle that! I always compare myself to other girls and would feel so sad and inferior. I don't really like competition. But of course the feeling of winning would be nice but still.... I also hope my bf doesn't have a too-hot ex girlfriend cus I will surely talk about her non-stop. Been there, done that!

He has to love animals! Love my dogs! Be able to play with my dogs, ask about my dogs from time to time. I always talk about the things my dogs do so my bf better love them or enjoy listening to such talks!

Im not a clingy girlfriend so my boyfriend cannot be clingy! Cannot spam message or call me cus I hate it. Sometimes I'm busy and don't reply fast, he must be patient and not get paranoid. Maybe cus I trust my bf a lot, I hardly do such stuff anymore! So yes, trust is really VERY important. He has to give me space to meet my friends often. He must be able to trust me and not go crazy whenever I go party. Partying to me is a time I do a lot of PR and meet a lot of people. I like meeting new people - to know more about what people do and learn new stuff! Also it is a time where I spend catching up with my friends cus many have day jobs so we cant meet in the day time. So like he has to know that my intention isn't to cheat on him or whatsoever whenever I go party. We can party together but sometimes I do need to enjoy my girls night out without him there. 

Last but not least, he has to be crazy in love with me. He has to be super caring and enjoy looking after me. He has to call me Princess and treat me like a kid occasionally. Buy me sweets and chocolates. Just those to surprise me occasionally and id be over the moon. Oh and like whenever we go to the petrol kiosk or something, say "Ok! Go get all the sweets u want!" and let me run around excited doing that. I just really like being a kid sometimes!!! Hahaha.

And everyone asks me why I love my ex boyfriend so much? Because he is everything I want! So perfect in my eyes. :) 

19 comments:

  1. Sigh then why break up huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was reading this post. i have so many flashbacks of you and your ex-boyfriend. like he is meant to be that kind. kinda sad that you both are no longer together. going food hunting, jogging, overseas, church services and so many more. i hope you can find someone like him really soon. all the best tammy, you are great (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many times can we get lucky in love in a lifetime?

    If he is the one, go for it. Do the chasing, put your pride aside, be the one that fights for this because otherwise you will always regret, he will always be the one that got away.

    Fight for love. Don't give up on him. What's the point of having all the pride and money in the world, and not be able to share it with the one you truly love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw :) Hope you'll get back with him soon! Jia you jia you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. there's no way to get back again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-( i actually really like u and your bf together :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many criterias of your dream boyfriend, but have you ever thought about whether this dream boyfriend has any criteria of you as well, and whether you meet them? Seems alot like a case of a girl having alot of expectations on others yet expecting nothing from herself.

    Also, if you are a Christian, why is it that having a Christ-centered relationship wasn't even any part of your concern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post is just what I want in a person I didn't include what I can offer in return for that person cus why should I?

      Everyone has expectations. A least a few. It'll be a lie if you said you don't cus then u can just fall for ANYONE u know of the opposite sex no?

      And yes I do want a Christ Centred rship and that's what one thing Daniel and I had I just didn't include it in this post because not everyone will understand? I have my reasons for the things I say on my blog and not say.

      I don't think you should take my thoughts I pen down so seriously really.

      Delete
  8. Hmm this might sound rather odd, but often the partner that will suit you best is someone who has quite the opposite of what you're looking for. People tend to enjoy someone who makes them a better person rather than one is already the same. Though i'm sure you know, having any expectations or checklist will cause you to look for what's bad rather than good, especially for someone who don't seem to fulfill any criteria.
    Silly pointer - your last 2 points contradicted each other. A clingy partner tends to be the most affectionate. But all the best still and hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think you and daniel are perfect for each other! i hope everything works out well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. is your posts hinting to ur ex-bf that u want to get back together? cos it look like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know that you are still feeling hurt and seem that you can't let go of ur Ex. I been there b4 and knows how it feel (8 yrs r/s since sec sch days).. I too think I can't live without my ex and I will be sad for the rest of my life.. But hey.. do remember, time is the best medicine for r/s.. today, I'm able to stand tall on my feet and love myself even more.. you will meet the "someone" one day.. the one that is truly urs and the one who will laugh and grow old with you.. Good luck!

    P/S: I met my mr right and got married 1 yr ago.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is hjh's full name?

    ReplyDelete
  13. this post makes me so sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. this posts is showing ur ex that your ego is nt big anymore. and that u want another chance to b with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are joking right..
      writing this does not mean that her ego is not big anymore..
      about another chance,i think everyone think back to the past and always want another chance..

      Delete
  15. when i was with my ex, i also wrote a post about how he was perfect in so many ways. today i am with another man, totally different from my ex, but here we are, planning to get married soon :) gotta learn to let go and you will see a whole new world again! jia you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Expect less and you'll receive more. You mentioned you were prideful and egoistic, but you're clearly not, and I believe no one truly is. What you lack is security and confidence. And yes, all girls are trying one way or another to be that, faking it or not. But don't pin your happiness to a man. Don't let him or any guy dictate your future and whatever you set your mind to. Of course, from your past posts it does seem like he's the perfect one and well off and all. But he's is not everything. 世界上不是说谁没有谁就不可以。Wish you all the best to become the woman you are supposed to and can be.

    ReplyDelete

Home     Contact     Facebook     Instagram     ShopOhsofickle     Back to top