Categories

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pre-Term Labour Scare

It is now 9am and I am finally heading home from the hospital. Had such a scare...I thought I was going through pre-term labour and thought I was going to give birth lor. Just a few days ago I was asking a friend about how the whole process of going into labour was like for her. She told me she didn't feel pain from contractions but she went to the hospital when she saw blood and that was when she found out she was in labour.

Woke up to pee at 4am this morning and when I looked in my toilet bowl, there was blood?!?! It was bright red! My heart started beating super fast because I remembered what my friend said and I started panicking and googling. Was home alone and read that it isn't normal so I took a cab to the hospital. They monitored me for awhile and then I heard the nurse tell another nurse I was having contractions?!?? She kept asking me if I felt any pain but I didn't feel any pain at all. Then after awhile the contractions stopped and everything was ok again. Stayed for 5 hours and finally got discharged. I was praying so hard for the whole 5 hours because it is still too early for my baby to come out. Doctor came in to check on me and said it was just a false alarm and everything looks ok. I still don't know the reason for the bleeding though? Will ask him when I see him in exactly 1 week time. 

OH WHAT A SCARE.

Well at least I know how the whole process will be like and look like! I was in a room with 2 other ladies who were really in labour and I felt so excited for them when the nurse told them that they'll be shifted to another room. 

If I were to read about someone rushing to the ER thinking they are going into labour only to realize it's a false alarm, id think they are super paranoid and panic unnecessarily over the littlest things. I didn't think i would actually rush myself to the ER immediately? I'm usually the kind who would wait it out and see if it gets worse. Example if I have a mild fever, i would ignore it and not do anything about it until I get super high fever then ill go to the doc. However, after experiencing this scare, I realised how important this baby is to me already and all I really wanted was go rush to the hospital to make sure he is safe and sound or else I won't be able to think properly and sleep.

Please stay inside and continue baking little one! In 4 weeks time you will be full term and can come out anytime you want then! But for now, stay comfy in mummy's tummy ok? :)