Categories

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Week #34 + Maternity Photoshoot





Credits: Fiona @smittenpixels

So happy with the shoot. She did a super good job right??? Check out my Instagram for the other sneak peeks. Will definitely share the rest of the maternity shoot pictures on my blog when i've received the CD of all the pictures. Oh i got the dress from Forever21 if you're wondering! Super happy with it! Got a size L and fits so comfortably. :)

Week 34
Current Weight: 66.5kg
Started At: 51kg
Total Weight Gained: 15.5kg

No change in weight this week! It is so weird. I was actually surprised to see no change in the digits because i didnt even control my diet this week and have been eating so much. It seems like i'm gaining slower in my 3rd trimester? Maybe it's all going to baby! :) or maybe my body has already stored enough fats it decided not to store anymore haha. It is kinda sad to be so much chubbier but I have never been happier, more excited, and more fulfilled in my life. I can't wait to hold my baby in my arms. Most women who have gone through pregnancy say that the last few weeks really passes super slowly though. The updates in the next few weeks will be the same thing over and over again I suppose.

In my previous post i asked about the traditional confinement rules and received quite a few emails (thank you girls) from experience mommies who went through it. Most mommies did follow the rules because of their in-laws. A lot of people said they didnt think it was necessary at all though because those people in say US don't follow such rules at all and they're fine?

After reading all the emails, i've decided to alter it to make it more comfortable and more achievable since experienced mommies have done it before. I think i better be safe than sorry? Follow a bit better than don't even follow at all...right? Haha.

1. NO BATHING/WASHING HANDS USING NORMAL TAP WATER
I will wash my hands with normal tap water. I will bathe everyday, but i will fill a bath tub with warm water and put in the herbs (like a giant tea bag) bought at chinese medical halls.

2. NO WASHING HAIR
I will try not to wash my hair for a week (a month is kinda impossible because my hair is so long). When i start washing my hair after that 1 week, i have to blow dry it immediately and it has to be completely dry. Meaning i have to wash my hair and body separately. Wash my body first, dry up and wear clothes then wash my hair.

3. NO SLEEPING IN AN AIR CONDITIONED ROOM
I will still sleep in an air conditioned room because i don't think i can survive the heat plus mommies have mentioned that they perspire a lot easier and more during confinement.

4. NO DRINKING NORMAL WATER CAN ONLY RED DATE/LONGAN TEA ALLOWED
I will still drink normal water. Makes no sense to drink only tea - u need normal water to brew it?

5. NO VISITORS IN YOUR HOUSE
I dont mind having my close friends and family members over!

6. NO SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED AS YOUR HUSBAND 
They say you can't do that cus during confinement, a woman is considered "dirty"? A lot of people don't follow this rule though so i won't follow.

7. ALWAYS WEAR LONG SLEEVES, LONG PANTS AND SOCKS
I will wear long sleeves, long pants and socks because i already like to wear long sleeve pyjamas at home.

8. NO GOING OUT OF THE HOUSE
I will have to bring baby out for his appointments and do my body check ups so confirm have to go out. I also have to walk Hiro daily for at least 10 min so i definitely have to get out of the house for awhile everyday.

So yup, my plans for my 1 month confinement! :)

Did another photoshoot with Melvin @multifolds today! Today's one is super cute because i had my belly painted! Can't wait for the pictures. :) 

p.s and if u think I'm exaggerating when I say I'm super huge...once u see the picx of me in shorts you'd understand (I have doubled in size top to toe lol). But...it's ok as long as baby is growing well. I'm comforting myself and telling myself this is only temporary, 1 more month to go then I can start to lose it! :)