Categories

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Small Bump = Unhealthy Pregnancy

People need to know that one's bump size does not determine the size of the baby. You can have a giant bump but still give birth to a small baby (because it could be you have more amniotic fluid). Also, even if you have gained a lot of weight, if does not mean your baby absorbed it all too. Some people can gain a lot but still have a normal average size baby. I even know of people who gained very little but their babies were considered bigger than average! 

Im getting people asking me if I'm eating enough for my baby and why my bump is smaller this time round. I know you're worried but really, there's nothing to worry about and you cannot judge someone's pregnancy just by how much weight they have gained or how big their bump is.

Knowing that I am not one who believes in starving myself to lose weight, it is highly unlikely I'll starve during pregnancy either. To me, eating is one of the things I enjoy most and I never deprive myself of food. Even when I'm trying to lose weight, I will still eat...just healthier choices and exercise more to be able to achieve my ideal goal. Because I am always eating, I have a really good metabolic rate and I am thankful for that that's why I always tell people to never go on crash diets because that's all temporary. So now that I'm pregnant, it's even crazier because I have every reason to eat and gain weight without feeling guilty! As someone who loves food so much, it is definitely one of my favourite perks of being preggers...haha.

So why is your bump so small this time round? Shouldn't your bump be bigger during the 2nd pregnancy? 

Well I personally don't think it's that small anymore and one shouldn't judge from pictures because many of the clothes I wear don't show the real size of it. And also, it didn't show earlier than the first because before I got pregnant with number 2, I had managed to train them muscles and got pretty toned tummy.  

People who think I'm dieting and caring more about looks than my baby's health should think twice man. You have not seen how I eat...and merely judging from the pictures I post...which are from only one angle, and I'd try to post the most flattering one which makes me look slimmer as most of it are ads for clients selling non-maternity clothes. Btw I have gained a massive amount of weight, which shocked my doc as I only took a month to put on so much! Like my previous pregnancy with Elroy, I have already gained 10kg at Week 24. Which is considered a lot but well, I guess that's just me when pregnant!! My 1st pregnancy I gained 20kg in all so I'm expecting to gain around the same, or maybe 15kg since they say you gain lesser when you have a girl (aiya got many "they says" during pregnancy one haha)? 

If I choose to have a baby, I want a healthy baby. I won't do anything to increase the risk of not having a healthy baby.